THERMAL IMAGE INSPECTION SERVICES
Thermal Image scanning is a preventative maintenance process which assists in the reduction of emergency maintenance costs, providing asset protection and life preservation on electrical and mechanical equipment, it is an excellent condition monitoring tool used to carry out Non Destructive Testing. While the equipment is online and running under normal load, you are able to monitor temperatures and thermal patterns allowing for early detection of faults indicated by a rise in temperature. Infrared thermal imaging can be used on a wide variety of electrical and mechanical equipment unlike most other test methods. Faults detected at an early stage can be investigated or repaired as part of your routine maintenance program or as a planned shutdown, thus reducing the risk of unnecessary and costly breakdowns.
This technique will generally determine the regions or points of increased or reduced heat emissions, which can indicate the presence of a fault.
- Identify potential equipment/component failure or irregularities in loading
- Prevent fire/explosion
- Check component integrity
- Determine loading condition of equipment
- Managing corporate governance, risk and compliance
- Maximising performance, profitability and competitiveness